* The gold earrings once worn by pirates and sailors actually served a practical purpose. They covered the cost of a proper burial.
* The average duration of a male orgasm is four seconds.
* Dr. Seuss' popular book, "Green Eggs and Ham," was the result of a bet that he could not write a book using only 50 words.
* The country of Andorra has a zero percent unemployment rate.
* Sony's first product was a rice cooker.
* Sex relieves headaches. Lovemaking can release the tension that restricts blood vessels in the brain.
* The strongest earthquake on record hit Chile on May 22, 1960.
* Elvis made just one commercial during his reign. It was for Southern Maid Doughnuts.
* "Oral-B" is a combination of "oral hygiene" and the letter "b," which stands for "better."
* Lambskin and latex condoms are biodegradable, but polyurethane condoms aren't.
* Electric eels can deliver shocks up to 550 volts.
* Casanova lived out his final years as a librarian.
* On September 19, 1981, more than 300 people were eaten alive by piranhas when a ferry capsized at the Brazilian port of Obidos.
* A group of finches is called a "charm."
* Bats have sex in the air while flying.
* As early as the 14th century, Egyptians used urine tests to diagnose pregnancy.
* Men become sexually aroused nearly every time they dream.
* The Irish cure for the mumps used to involve leading the patient three times around a pigsty.
* Finland has 179,584 islands.
* One-time ruler of Egypt, Mohammed Ali, once created two infantry regiments made up entirely of one-eyed soldiers.